So you've had your belly pierced by a professional body piercing expert and now you need to make sure you take good care of your new navel piercing. Here are some suggestions on how to best care for your new belly piercing while it's healing. The healing process can take any where from 3 - 12 months.
IS THIS NORMAL?
- Firstly if you at any time your feel at all concerned about your new belly button piercing CONTACT YOUR BODY PIERCING PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY.
- In the beginning it's normal to expect some irritation around the area of the new piercing, some blood, some swelling and some redness.
- Once your piercing begins to heel it may become itchy, you may see some secretion of fluid (Not Pus) and the area around the jewellery may tighten. Again if you are at all concerned CONTACT YOUR BODY PIERCING PROFESSIONAL.
- Healing can take anywhere from 3 months - 12months.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY NEW PIERCING?
- Use a sterile saline solution (available from you local pharmacy - Drug Store) to clean your new navel piercing OR a mild fragrance free liquid soap.
- Make sure you ALWAYS wash your hands before touching your new piercing for ANY reason.
- Generally taking a shower rather than a bath is a better option while your belly piercing is healing. Remember it can take any where from 3 - 12 months for your new navel piercing to heal completely.
WHEN AND HOW CAN I CHANGE MY NEW BELLY RING?
- We recommend that for the first time you change your new navel ring you visit your professional body piercing expert. Once they give you the go ahead it should be fine for you to switch and change your belly rings whenever you like.
And we can't wait to help you enjoy your new belly piercing with our Belly Ring Collection.
Any advice we provide is as a courtesy to you. bellylicious in no way accepts responsibility for any injury or complications caused by wearing our belly rings. Please ensure that you seek medical advise from a qualified doctor if you are in any way concerned about your belly button piercing.